UPDATE 3/21: FICS will be closed on Monday 3/23/2020 for deep cleaning of our facility. We will also be assessing our plan going forward.
See our previous statement:
The coronavirus or CoVid-19 is a very dangerous infection that has no cure or vaccine at present. FICS is committed to keeping our community and families safe, and for that reason we are following the World Health Organization’s recommendations (https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus). Our goal is to maintain a calm approach towards the pandemic and PREVENT this disease, which can be life-threatening.
Our protocol is as follows:
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds at a minimum;
- Do not touch your facial T-zone, which includes your eyes, nose and mouth;
- C cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing;
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs;
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing; and
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet if possible. Since our work often entails close contact, this may be impossible and therefore we will not be able to operate afterschool programs.
Since the virus can live on surfaces for up to 24 hours so we will be wiping down all of our areas regularly. We are watching for symptoms and will be making sure that those who are ill stay home to prevention infections. Face masks will not be employed as they are not helpful in preventing the spread of disease.
In the event we find that we need to close our programs, we will give the community as much notice as possible to make other arrangements.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 813.477.2882.